Monday, September 6, 2010

If You Can't Take the Heat...

Then your best bet is to not even think about stepping into our kitchen. Our kitchen isn’t for the weak. The weak-hearted wouldn’t last one hour in our kitchen. All you so-called master chefs out there making your fancy gourmet meals wouldn’t last one day in my hood. Why? Because your kitchen ain’t built like my kitchen. And there you go, questioning me like I’m some damn fool who doesn’t know what he’s talkin’ about. That’s cool…check me out then. My counter-top is a bed. My cutting board is a plastic plate. My conventional oven is a toaster oven, and the baddest mother of them all…my stove top is a one-eyed MONSTER (also known as a hot plate). How you like me now?! Bet you won’t second-guess me again, punk! Damn straight! And we make it happen. Don’t cry for me Argentina. We eat like kings around here.
This morning the wife had to wake up and work the front desk at 8am. Oh, and for those that don’t know, we’re 25 and 26 living in a dorm room. Now this isn’t one of those fancy dorm rooms with the fully equipped kitchen or separate bedrooms. This is more like a funny shaped studio, made for two college kids, or for one grown ass person. It ain’t ideal, but we make it happen.
Anyway, the wife requested, and was granted, a two-egg omelet. Ingredients: Sautéed bell peppers, red onions, jalapeños, smoked turkey, and of course, the cheddar cheese (cheddar always makes it better).
Check out the pics below and let me know what you think. The wife and I will keep you posted on the adventures of the One-Eyed Monster and all his creations.

2 comments:

  1. BRAVO! BRAVO to the one-eyed King! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man brutha! You've just broken many a heart, cuz behind that one-eyed monster is a stone cold beast of a chef holdin' it down for his Numero Uno! Mad props!

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, great example of how you two are a more than husband and wife; you're a great team. And when the team is hittin' like y'all are, nothing (even a hood kitchen!) slows you down. Thanks for being a great example to our community.

    ReplyDelete