Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Who's Your +1?

So as I was cruising the blogs at 6a, getting geared up for my study day, I came across this video by Q from 112. Now you know, my last article had me pissed about my inability to make a “Slow Grind 2011” mix. Welp, although I don’t have a full 17 tracks, I believe that this song DEFINITELY makes the cut.

The Dream wrote this song, and it is on Beyonce’s “4” album. However, without being blasphemous to all things Beyonce (I am a SUPER fan), I have to admit that Q done sang THE HELL outta this song. I don't know if Beyonce's version would make the slow grind mix. Mind you he’s doing this LIVE for the video because he’s in the studio. What happened to men that can sing like this? What are your thoughts?

Q's Version




Beyonce's Version




The first verse is:

If I ain’t got nothing, I got you

If I ain’t got something I don't give a damn, cause I got it with you

I don't know much about algebra, but I know one plus one equals two

And it's me and you, that’s all we'll have when the world is thru


Who makes your 1+1 = 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment